Monday, May 24, 2010

Editing Finished-Behind the Glass

Hey Friends,
Well I spent all weekend with sheila editing my first book. Actually editing is the wrong term. The book came back to me edited and we had to go through each edit suggestion and either accept it or reject it.
Who ever makes a lving editing raw manuscripts has my undying respect. I can not beleive how tedious it must be to plow through a manuscript and look for errors. As an author i would like to say there is niot that many, but alas there are hundreds. thats just in one chapter. Gramar, punctuation and readabilit plus word usage, spelling etc...
Who ever edited mine did a great job and had some good solid suggestions in regards to flow, better word usage and overall helping the reader to understand the points I was trying to make. Anyway, great job, editor you were very kind and helpful.
The cleaned up version is on its way via E-mail back to the editing department were its starts to be turned into a book. Its growing up not a manuscript anymore. Yea, I'm so proud.
Work on book #2 is coming along well. I have given my self all summer to have it done so i am not rushing it. I just need it done and published in case I have to go to prison.
Starting to work on a web site to help promote both books. Well let everyone know when that is done. Will also let everyone know when the first book is ready for distribution, hope it will be early july, 2010.
Thanks again for all your prayers and support for Sheila and myself. Please continue to do so and feel free to interact with this blog site. I want this to become a forum for those who have had life show up and how they handled it.
God bless, Charlie

1 comment:

  1. I was listening to a lecture on grief and my professor wondered how people who don't know the Lord or have a shaky relationship with Him get through grief. I remember you saying that had you not had a strong, faithful reliance on the Father, you would have never made it through these last two years. I started to look back at my own struggle through the grief of your (insane) situation and realized that while my relationship with God was strong enough for Him to get me through it, because of the whole thing, my relationship with Him is so amazing now! So, I'm so excited about this second book -I can't wait to see how it changes lives, strengthens relationships with God and brings that divine peace to a hurting soul. I cannot thank you enough for being such a strong and faithful witness, Charlie. You're amazing!

    And while I'm talking about amazing...your wife! She's such an important part of this story as well. I love the way you realize that and honor her. You two have a marriage that we all can learn from. She is a strong woman; funny as hell; and just plain fun!

    I love you both so much.

    ReplyDelete