Friday, April 16, 2010

Knowing God

Hey Friends,
Today I want to post a devotional I read the other day. It is taken from one writen by J I Packer and really says what I want this blog about. So here goes!
Young Joseph's brothers sold him to slavert in Egypt, where, traduced by Potiphar's venomous wife, he was wrongly imprisoned, though afterward he rose to eminence. For what purpose? So far as Joseph personally was concerned, the answer is given in Psalm 105:19; "the word of the Lord tried him." Joseph was being tested, refined and matured. He was being taught during his spell as a slave and in prison, to stay himself on God, to remain cheerful and charitable in frustrating circumstances and to wait patiently for the Lord.
Once again we are confronted with the wisdom of God ordering the events of a human life for a double purpose: the indavidual's own personal sanctification and the fulfilling of His appointed ministry and servicein the life of the people of God.
There you go folks. This helped me and i hope it does something for you. Let your friends know about this site and let me know how to make it more useful.
God bless, Charlie.

No comments:

Post a Comment